About me: Years ago, I worked for the government, in one of those sealed buildings where the windows don’t open and the air is recirculated, not fresh. The roof developed a leak, which spilled water down the beams inside the walls. Eventually black mold began to grow right through the walls!
The government’s solution was to cut a hole in the wall around any visible mold, and replace the drywall. Repaint, not fix.
I am allergic to mold. I lasted under a year after the mold bloom started being spread by the air ducts, a fine grey-pink powder on my desk in the morning.Some people were collapsing at their desks, and carted out by ambulance. I was having blackouts and a four month migraine.
Needless to say, I quit. Unfortunately, by then I had developed multiple allergies and sensitivities. So I started cooking “real food”, no boxes, frozen dinners, or instant anything, unless I canned it myself. I began to read labels obsessively. If I couldn’t figure out its food group, I didn’t eat it.
I also began to make my own spice mixes to get away from the preservatives, artificial flavours, and anti-caking additives. Do we really need sugar and silica gel in our curry?
I am also experimenting with liquid soaps, a hunters soap, to make you smell like a pine forest, and a variety of scented soaps like jasmine, and rose… All based on saponified coconut oil. So good for your skin, and all natural.
US friends, get 10% more on their tax refund by buying Turbotax from amazon.com HERE.